2001 Newsletters 50
Associate Programs Newsletter #179
While you're reading this, Joanna and I (with any luck) will be in Los Angeles, recovering from a 13.5-hour flight from Sydney. I hope the jet lag has worn off by the time we reach Mark Joyner's Guerrilla Marketing Boot Camp in Las Vegas.
This week I have an article by Shawn Collins, who is an affiliate and affiliate manager. He reviews of FreeFiliate, written from first-hand experience.
1. No free lunch, but FreeFiliate comes close
2. A swipe file you'll use again and again
3. How to track sales through PayPal
4. About.com shifts focus, and other news
5. Be Free's links meet new standards
6. New affiliate manual sells strongly
7. Thought for today: One priority above all others
Associate Programs Newsletter #178
1. Discover the truth about affiliate programs
...a new training manual for affiliates
2. Get tough - and get paid - by non-paying merchants
3. "Surely, Sponsorships.net can pay me?"
4. Be Free still can't decide on eZula
5. My symbolic gesture against CJ
6. ClickBank lowers maximum commission
7. Will we see you at the Boot Camp?
8. FREE trial download - part of "MYSS! 2002"
9. Google's traffic soars, and other news
10. Relax in your favorite chair and enjoy Seth's book
11. Useful free resource: PC help, reference and test sites
12. Thought for today: Marketers' odd behavior
Associate Programs Newsletter #177
Thanks to all of you who wrote commenting on my item last week about the terrorist attack. Obviously, it's still at the forefront of our minds and will be for a long time to come.
As many of you have said, we can't let it crush us, so today's edition is a "getting back to business" one, with a mixture of good and bad news and some very interesting opportunities.
1. Be Free rewards predatory advertiser
2. How I made 103 sales in 4 days
3. iBoost won't pay Sponsorships.net affiliates
4. CarPrices.com months late with payouts
5. New Australian affiliate network attracts merchants
6. Create your own dating site
7. New LeadCrunch grows fast
8. CJ makes its links IE 6 and P3P compliant
9. New worm is dangerously different
10. How Slashdot survived the attack, and other news
11. Useful resources: September 11 links
12. Thought for today: Pessimists and optimists
Associate Programs Newsletter #176
Joanna and I offer our sincere condolences to any of you who lost family and friends in this week's evil terrorism. Although we're half a world away in Australia, TV brought the sickening horror right into our home and hearts. I'm sure we'll never forget those shocking scenes of jets being flown deliberately into the World Trade Center.
We fervently hope that the perpetrators will be found quickly and brought to justice, but we fear that this is the beginning of a ghastly new level of global terrorism.
1. Seven things you can do in these dark days
2. Join the 1% who really sell on the Net
3. Predatory advertising a complex issue, says LinkShare
4. Look who's selling GoTo.com shares
5. Easy ways to give money to Red Cross
6. Thought for today: The goal of terrorism
Associate Programs Newsletter #175
1. Thanks for spreading the word on scumware
2. Sign this new anti-scumware petition
3. Another way affiliates can be robbed of commissions
4. Referral program boosts subscribers fast
5. Newsletter lets you include referral links
6. iWon treats affiliates badly, and other news
7. More merchants fight scumware
8. Search Engine helps feed the starving
9. Useful free resource: Use RoboForm instead of Gator
10. Thought for today: Education or catastrophe?
Associate Programs Newsletter #174
1. Be Free turns blind eye to Gator's dirty tricks
2. More merchants say no to scumware
3. New script blocks Surf+ and TopText
4. How to take your business to a new level
5. eBay heads for TV, and other news
6. Digital camera scam takes new twist
7. Thought for today: A life changed forever
Associate Programs Newsletter #173
1. Outrage spreads over "scumware"
2. Don't be swayed by feeble arguments
3. How affiliates can fight scumware
4. What merchants can do to show they care
5. How an affiliate harnesses the power of eBay
6. Gator's new dirty trick
7. Be Free reduces workforce, and other news
8. Useful free resource: SpamCon Foundation
9. Thought for today: Evil things (such as scumware)
Associate Programs Newsletter #172
1. How AskMe.com helps build a reputation
2. Nine good tips from Publicity Hound
3. Associate Programs Message Board upgraded
4. Be Free's Acclaim Program sadly lacking
5. Exodus from CJ, and other news
6. Thought for today: Misuse of technology
Associate Programs Newsletter #170
1. Are you visible or invisible?
2. "Why can't you be more like him?"
3. CJ shake-up helps Leadhound
4. Earn $5 just for referring an affiliate
5. Raise your bids before GoTo does
6. No. I didn't send you a virus
7. Did you win free banner advertising for a year?
8. How merchants can reduce credit card fraud
9. Lively debate on ClickBank merchants
10. New mailing list for job hunters
11. 36 affiliate manager articles in ebook
12. Thought for today: Increase your IQ
Associate Programs Newsletter #169
1. Affiliate links lure forum visitors
2. GreaterGood.com ceases operations
3. Have you agreed to pay Expedia $500,000?
4. 500 merchants can offer much better tracking
5. Question about Las Vegas Marketing Boot Camp
6. Web site idea: TopSellingAds.com
7. New Australian affiliate network has 200 merchants
8. Puzz becomes AssociateLeads, and other news
9. Did the Sircam worm trick you?
10. Top-selling affiliate marketing book
11. From $18 million to $50 million in 5 years
12. "Interview" attracts 6 million visitors
13. Thought for today: Never waste a day
14. How to promote your business