2000 Newsletters 72
Associate Programs Newsletter #321
Are you blogging, re-blogging or merely chicken scratching? Here are four ways to make blog posts which achieve something useful.
1. Are you wasting your time blogging?
2. How to watch our feeds on Google
3. How to watch our feeds on Yahoo
4. Linkbait case study: Links and rankings soar
5. Thought for today: Attempting the impossible
Associate Programs Newsletter #316
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I've made plenty of mistakes in my more than 10 years marketing online. It was a struggle in the early years, but things turned out very well eventually. If you want to use my hindsight as your foresight and save yourself a lot of heartache, read on...
1. If I were starting again...
2. A website owner who followed his passion
3. Best affiliate network in the world?
4. The suite of tools which keeps getting better
5. Thought for today: The winds of enthusiasm
Associate Programs Newsletter #308
Here are two more ways to tap into other people's traffic. Even if these ideas don't suit you exactly, perhaps they'll spark an idea you CAN use. You can get ahead much faster in affiliate marketing if you leverage other people's skills and other people's work.
1. Tapping into other people's traffic - Part 3
...Flipping a joint venture request
2. Tapping into other people's traffic
...and earning half the commissions
3. The last in this series?
4. How Ebay products add additional revenue stream
5. How to quickly build profitable lists
6. Are you new to affiliate programs?
7. Thought for today: Getting started
Associate Programs Newsletter #307
Life's too short. We don't have time to do all the work ourselves. One good way of getting other people to work for you - at no cost - is to tap into their traffic. This time, it's website traffic...
1. Tapping into other traffic - Part 2
2. Are you tapping into other traffic?
3. Google's free tool to optimize conversion rates
4. Can someone kill your rankings?
5. Thought for today: If you want to do something...
Associate Programs Newsletter #144
NEWSFLASH: A rapidly improving site worth keeping an eye on is Joel Gehman's AffiliateHandbook.com.
1. No newsletter for two weeks
2. "Affiliate Marketing 101" comprehensive introduction
3. PlugInGo deals look good for affiliates and merchants
4. FindWhat partner Advertising.com admits error
5. More evidence of bogus clicks from FindWhat
6. FindWhat complaints pile up
7. Lisa Irby uses screensaver as viral marketing tool
8. GoTo's policy upsets affiliate
9. Do-it-yourself works best at GoTo
10. Google drops affiliate program
11. Netwhistle affiliate programs ends
12. Thought for today: Powerful aphrodisiac
Associate Programs Newsletter #141
Mini-sites (Part 6)
I keep receiving useful feedback on affiliate mini-sites, so I'm continuing the topic this week. Site Build It!, double viral marketing and more...
1. Site Build It! helps super affiliates and newbies
2. Mini-sites for affiliates who don't know much HTML
3. Viral marketing? Now it's double viral marketing
4. Affiliates ask for better tracking statistics
5. Babyserv affiliates kept in the dark
6. Nexchange bites the dust
7. Italian company buys NetCreations
8. You can be paid for "trash" traffic
9. Four generations around our Christmas table
10. Thought for today: You're going to have to pay
Associate Programs Newsletter #140
Affiliate mini-sites (Part 5) "They sometimes work Big." I was planning to wrap up my series on affiliate mini-sites with one more article. However, now I don't need to. Paul Myers of TalkBiz News has summed them up beautifully.
1. Dream job for entrepreneur - high risk, low pay
2. eToys about to go eBroke?
3. GoTo.com relaxes its rules (2)
4. CompuBank reporting system "stinks"
5. Which affiliate merchant offers the best tracking?
6. Beliefnet, Jakes Freebies programs suspended
7. ValueClick to buy Z Media
8. Holiday reading for affiliates and managers
9. My health scare - be still, my heart!
(but not too still)
10. Thought for today: When everybody's doing it
Associate Programs Newsletter #139
A new affiliate network and
Researching affiliate mini-sites (Part 4)
1. New network offers premium products, high commissions
- earn commissions while buying your Christmas presents
2. One way affiliate mini-sites pay for traffic
3. How to warm up your visitors
4. GoTo.com relaxes its rules for affiliates
5. Why CompuBank is popular with affiliates
6. Useful resources for online banking affiliates
7. How to avoid paying too much for clicks
8. Affiliate mini-site was "too successful"
9. Connie's coupon site earns nearly $1,000,000
10. Managers: how do you measure your affiliate program?
11. CJ to pay $2 for referring new affiliates
12. Learn while having a vacation in Hawaii
13. Dreamweaver helps you replace links quickly
14. Case study: Setting up an affiliate program
Associate Programs Newsletter #138
My series on affiliate mini-sites has sparked fascinating letters from readers willing to reveal some of their best affiliate marketing tips.
1. Affiliate mini-site gets the "click-back"
2. How to buy domain names for only $10
3. Phil Wiley's mini-site adds value to a good offer
4. How to choose the best pay-per-click search engines
5. ValueClick buys onResponse network
6. American Express program - correction
7. Fast way to replace old links
8. Increasing hits by improving link popularity
9. Newbie Club First Website Builder
10. How to sell to teenagers
11. I found that article in Small Biz Backwire
12. Affiliate news headlines
13. Purchase of SiteSell looks good for affiliates
14. Thought for today: Going viral
Associate Programs Newsletter #137
Joanna and I are back in beautiful Dunedin, in beautiful New Zealand's beautiful South Island. Today I'm continuing the series on affiliate mini-sites. Thank you to everyone who sent me tips on interesting affiliate mini-sites. Please keep them coming.
1. Affiliate banner achieves 14.5% click-through
... for a merchant who cares
2. More affiliate programs dumped
3. Researching affiliate mini-sites (Part 2)
4. Busy little sites "monetize" everything
5. How to make your affiliate mini-site work even harder
6. Mini-sites help make Eva's traffic soar
7. Todd finds way to make malls search engine-friendly
8. $3,300 commission from $5 investment
9. How affiliate tracking works
10. Wotch.com slashes bounty to 10 cents per lead
11. How to side-step crashing and burning dot-coms
12. NEXT WEEK: Researching affiliate mini-sites (Part 3)
13. Thought for today: Don't blame your affiliates