Associate Programs Newsletter #541
Here are the notes I took during the Question and Answer Session with Elad Shippony – the guy who bought a home with his affiliate earnings.
Remember Elad? He's the Israeli affiliate who lives in a home paid for completely by his online earnings. He's been a full-time affiliate for 9 years.
But first, a message from our trusted Sponsor…
Learn From A Dedicated Super Affiliate
One To One Affiliate Empire Building…
As I was saying…
Elad has absolutely astounding traffic stats – on a really good day, nearly 200,000 visitors.
I'm a firm believer in the saying, “Success leaves clues,” so I watched the Q&A session a couple of times.
To save time for busy folk, here are my notes:
* Elad doesn't have any products of his own.
* He earns his living mainly from AdSense – says he's not very good at earning affiliate commissions.
* He has 3 family members helping him, 1 full-time, 2 part-time.
* On one site, his visitors have created a staggering 15,000 pages (that's NOT a typo) of articles and photos for him. These pages attract most of the site's traffic.
* How does he encourage visitors to contribute all those web pages? By running competitions and giving away prizes.
* REALLY IMPORTANT: If you want to encourage your visitors to generate pages for you, you MUST choose a topic that your visitors are ENTHUSIASTIC about. Think about that.
* He gets a lot of traffic from Google image searches. He optimizes the photos to encourage this. Image file names match web page names.
* His main traffic promoting focus now is using Pinterest.
* He has 3 main sites. The rest are “neglected children”.
* He compares online business building to studying to get a degree, except that at the end of three of four years you own an online business instead of a degree.
* To make it easy to get his visitors to create those 15,000 pages of content for him, he uses Content 2.0. You can learn more about Content 2.0 here
During the live interview, Elad went into Google Analytics to a page showing that more than 1,800 people were on his costumes site right at that moment. His daily visitor number was MUCH higher than that. He gets phenomenal daily traffic around Halloween – just under 200,000 visitors.
Thanks very much for the tips, Elad.
Joanna and I have been discussing this: What would be a good niche where people are enthusiastic and would create lots of content for us? I've got think more about that.
You can see ideas and examples of what some affiliates are doing with Content 2.0 on this page.
If you're skeptical about the tool Elad uses, consider those 15,000 pages and all that traffic… An hour or two spent studying what Elad is doing would be a wise investment for any affiliate, whatever your level.
I've added a recording of the Q&A Session at the bottom of the article I wrote on Elad's success
Popular articles you may have missed
* Rob's decision to create his own products was a huge turning point…
* Christine's jewelry making hobby is now a lucrative full-time business…
* A squeeze page is Step One in Steve's 3-step business model…
* Are you new to affiliate programs?
Start here. It's the Affiliate Program Tutorial I wrote when our accountant starting asking questions about how we earned our living – Updated 2012…
Thought for today: Follow your heart
One of my all-time favorite quotes:
“Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs.
All the best