[UPDATE: Josh Kulp has sold this business.]
Josh Kulp's new EarnersDigest Home Study Course is obviously aimed at busy people. It's one of the snappiest, no-fluff reports I've seen on Internet marketing.
In just 19 pages, it tells you how to create your own product very quickly and sell it very quickly, without using PPC advertising or an affiliate program, and without needing an email list – although you will start building one.
As well as the main report – a step by step guide to earning $5,000 a month online – you get four bonus reports (more about them later).
Josh dives straight into the “how-to” stuff, and races right along without wasting a second of your time.
He's been working full-time from home since shortly after having a heart operation in 2000. Perhaps his health scare helped teach him to concentrate on just the facts.
His course describes how to piggyback off successful businesses.
Here's the step-by-step process he shows you:
- Find a successful online business. He describes five cheap, effective ways to do this. He's not looking for just ANY successful business. He explains how and why he makes his choices.
- Contact the business owner. He provides an example email that works for him.
- Interview the business owner via email. Josh makes this easy for you by providing you with a list of 29 example questions you can ask. He also shows you the email he sends.
- Write a 10 to 15 page report based on the answers you receive. For anyone not comfortable with doing this, he tells you where to go to outsource the work.
- Create a simple website to sell the book. You can either do this yourself, outsource it, or use a $100 program that Josh recommends. It's Push Button Letters Software, which takes you through the process of writing a salesletter, and includes website templates to make it easy.
- Add a simple payment method. His screenshots show you how.
- Add an autoresponder to follow up with prospects. He links to step-by-step instructions.
- Advertise your product. Josh says you don't need to mess around with PPC. Instead he tells you four places where you can get very cheap, very effective advertising. He goes into the details and shows you a sample ad.
But that's not all. You can also earn affiliate commissions by promoting related products to the email list you're building. Josh shows you a sample newsletter which produced good results for him.
He says that after running ads for four weeks, you should have $1,200 to $1,500 in your PayPal account. That's his experience. So how do you take your earnings to $5,000 a month? Josh has another technique that enables you to do that. It's described in detail, with examples.
At each step of the way, he takes you by the hand and shows you what to do and shows you examples.
Pros and cons
Josh Kulp's EarnersDigest Home Study Course is an extremely fact-based report, designed for busy people who have a full-time job and want templates and clear, easy to follow instructions without waffle.
You don't have to be an expert on something.
Josh recommends a very simple way to create and sell products. The payment method he recommends, while free, is not fully automated. Josh says he checks for sales twice a day and emails each customer brief instructions on how to download the product. If you're new to making sales online you may enjoy doing this little chore for each successful sale! (You can avoid having to do this by using ClickBank or PayDotCom.)
He doesn't include instructions on how to create a PDF report. (One way is to use Open Office, which is free. Choose the File/Export to PDF option.)
4 bonus reports
As a nice bonus, Josh gives you four reports which aren't mentioned in his salesletter. The one which intrigued me most is a report in which he describes a little known forum technique he discovered by accident which has generated as much as $5,000 in a week for him. I'm surprised he's giving this away. He also describes how he's making money on eBay.
As you can see, you're learning from someone who has been there, done that.
Josh ends his report by saying, “This is not the end of your education! If you have any questions, just email me … I am here to help you!”
That's a generous offer on a low-priced report.
Who's the course for?
The EarnersDigest Home Study Course best suits people who are fairly new to Internet marketing.
It would be ideal for someone who wants to create their own product but hasn't done so because they think it would be too much work, or because they don't have a good idea, or because they're not an expert on anything.
Josh's course shows you a very easy way to create a profitable website in 30 to 45 days. There's a money-back guarantee, so it's risk-free.