If you're like most people, you're spending entirely too much time on Social Media with less than outstanding results to show for it.
These five quick tips will make a dramatic difference, and they're all completely free.
Plus they are simple enough to implement immediately, so you can start seeing fast results right away!
1. First, know your overall business objective, and your specific marketing goals. With this in mind, you can keep your message consistent, which will attract the ideal followers on your social channels. Contrary to popular belief, social marketing is not a “numbers game”. You'll achieve better results with a highly loyal following and a strong message-to-market match.
2. Spend less time consuming content, and more time creating content. When you are “working” you should only check your content stream for relevant content to share. Otherwise spend your time on Social Media responding to replies, joining relevant discussions in your niche, and meeting new people in your market. (Public conversations are “content” too!)
3. Engagement breeds loyalty, and loyal fans like and share your content and recommend you to others. Invest more time actually engaging with your target market than broadcasting content just for the sake of it. Quality of content, and quality of discussions, goes much further than “quantity” – which only adds to the noise of social content streams.
4. Social Media is a great way to connect with brands, influencers, market leaders, retailers and bloggers in your niche. In addition to connecting with your target market, connect with those also serving your market. Look for ways you can get in front of these people, mutually beneficial ways you can serve your market together, and profitable partnership opportunities.
5. The more interaction you have with someone, the more you will stand out to them across the board. Invite your email subscribers to connect with you socially (on your social channels). Invite your social connections to join your list for special subscriber-only perks. Send out an update when you have a particularly interesting mailing, to give them a heads-up to check their inbox. The more involved someone is with you across the web, the more likely they are to open your emails above others they are less “engaged” with.
- Know how you want to be known, what you want to be known for, and who you want to know you.
- Spend more time building your own business, than trying to keep up with what everyone else is doing.
- Invest your time in your most loyal fans. It will pay back in spades.
- Drop the word “competitor” out of your vocabulary. You'll be amazed at the opportunities that can open up with your so-called competition!
- Integrate social media and email marketing for higher response and conversion rates.
Lynn Terry of ClickNewz has been a professional blogger for more than 10 years, and has been working online successfully for 16+ years. Her newest release, Social Marketing Results, is helping people finally get REAL results – faster – from Social Media marketing.
Not only does she offer a detailed course chock full of live examples that will work in any niche, for any business model, she also offers hands-on help implementing everything you'll learn!