Top Articles

Stay In Touch

Affiliate Marketing Forum

FAQ FAQ Search Search Memberlist Memberlist Usergroups Usergroups
Register Register Profile Profile Log in to check your private messages Private Messages Log in Log in

ListOpt.com - Good or bad?

Affiliate Marketing Forum Index » List Building and Newsletters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zartania

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:38 pm
      Post subject: ListOpt.com - Good or bad?

Does anyone use listopt.com for building their mailing list? I am considering it, but thought I would try to get some feedback before signing up.

Thanks
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
EdmundLoh

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:40 am
      Post subject:

Hi Zartania,

I've used another service similar to listopt.com where I pay for leads and needless to say, it didn't work pretty well. Nothing wrong with the service, but if you do not know how to handle the new subscribers, don't expect them to be your customers - double opt in, triple opt in or not.

You will also come to find that some people, including veterans, don't laud this method as the top way of getting subscribers.

I got 450+ subscribers as a result of buying leads fast using similar method like what you've considered, but none of them bought my products. Either my approach was wrong (i.e. did not introduce myself, wrong content) or the subscribers are simply disturbed or not responsive.

I had one of my friends who is a subscriber to sites like you mentioned being bombarded (and spammed) by most newsletters she subscribed. On the same context, that can happen again. Which means, you can be labeled a spammer, or not taken seriously since your newsletter comes from that site.

I've not used listopt.com so I may be wrong on certain things stated above. However, it is NOT THE BEST method to get leads.

If you want to do list building, I suggest the normal way (which I am personally just beginning now on my own newsletter). Hard, slow but sure. Where you make errors, you can still correct them without paying out your money. You can't do that when you buy leads especially in numbers.
isxp

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:24 pm
      Post subject: I am building my list - and try to do that with less money

Hi,

I haven?t use Optlist.com,

As you I am building my list - and try to do that with less money.

I found Responder

[Apparent affiliate link to RobotReply.com deleted. Allan Gardyne. Admin.]

Where you actually can sign up for free trial one month and get 50 Double optin leads,
They have also latest rss@ autoresponder as well as videoemail.
Already done Cleaningsletter.
Also you can use other marketers newsletter, and many have very good
email to get double optin.

Another suorce I combine is where you get 2000 leads /day with IP and date stamped. They are optin in.( excellent to use with responder above cleaningsletter) Also one month free and 60 000 leads.

It is always great when company have free month/trial - so you can test
the leads and company as well before you decide if this is worth or not.

Do you wanna know more - just post me or here Smile

Marina

[/url]
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zartania

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:49 pm
      Post subject: Update - $80.64 later....

Well, I've been with listopt for seven days now and have a supposed 384 subscribers at a double opt-in cost of $.21 each.

When I import them into aWeber, they receive a welcome e-mail and some free info that I promised when they subscribed. (BTW - I import them one e-mail at a time so they don't receive a third opt-in message through the import feature)

I have had one AOL person report me to AOL for spam and two people unsubscribe. I sent personal e-mail to all three people stating that I'm not in the spam business, but received their names from a co-registration service who should have double opt-ed them in for my newsletter.

One replied that she had subscribed for too many newsletters and was weeding out the ones that she wasn't 100% interested in.

The other replied that she didn't realize that she had subscribed. I sent her the paragraph that should have been displayed with her option to chose my newsletter. She did recall that, so I think she was a victim of the pre-checked checkbox.

The AOL person has not replied. (Probably blocked me)

I'll add to this post as my bank account dwindles and my subscriber list grows. I will probably cut it off at about 1,000 subscribers and send only them a test newsletter. I'll then post the open/unsubscribe rates here. We should then get a somewhat accurate picture of the value of this service.
KellyLowe

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:17 pm
      Post subject: Happy with ListOpt

I've been using ListOpt for several months now to build my list. I'm quite happy with it, and I have built my website traffic up substantially by sending out my newsletter to my list.

I never made any affiliate sales before I started building my list with listopt - now, I make a few sales, though I'm still working on making more.

I keep all of my marketing on a tight budget. I only purchase $25.00 worth of subscribers each month from listopt - this get's me about 120 new subscribers. I realize I could spend more, and build the list faster, but I don't see in any point in doing it that way - slow and steady is okay for me.

Out of the 120 new subscribers I get each month, I might have one or two unsubscribes, and seven or eight bounces. I've never had a spam complaint.

Just my two cents:

Kelly Lowe
Online Business Base
[Please use your sig. file - URL removed - Moderator]
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
zartania

Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:51 pm
      Post subject:

It's good to hear that your having success with them. I have been getting between 100 - 200 signups per day with listopt.

What are you using to manage your newsletter since I know of some that do not allow imports of co-registration emails?

I ranted about one that I unsubscribed from yesterday in this forum and now am over it.....so no more names mentioned. Wink

KeywordForce.com ? Limited to 500 members. 40 niche keyword lists each month, subscribers forum with big time earners and more!
KellyLowe

Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:58 pm
      Post subject: List management

I import them into GroupMail, which is what I use to manage my list and deliver my newsletter. I never found a service that I was completely happy with that would work well with listopt.

I use the paid version of the software, and since I have so few unsubscribes and bounces, list management doesn't take up more than 30 minutes total in a month.

Kelly Lowe
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Avenator

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:30 pm
      Post subject:

This was a great thread to read. I was looking into using ListOpt, but I wasn't sure if it was worth it... I thought I was required to pay $97 a month? I think I'm going to have to go ahead and try it now.

http://averysaffiliateadventures.blogspot.com
Journal of a successful Internet Marketer from day 0.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Affiliate Marketing Forum Index » List Building and Newsletters
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to: