Top Articles

Stay In Touch

Affiliate Marketing Forum

FAQ FAQ Search Search Memberlist Memberlist Usergroups Usergroups
Register Register Profile Profile Log in to check your private messages Private Messages Log in Log in

Increasing Google Adsense CPM?

Affiliate Marketing Forum Index » Web Site Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
webpromote

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:37 pm
      Post subject: Increasing Google Adsense CPM?

What type of strategies have you guys been using to increase your Google Adsense CPM's? Which ad formats work best and where is the best place to put them? I have been averaging around [Deleted. Admin.] for my website, http://www.nexcomp.com/weblaunch so far and am wondering what I can do to raise it.

Thanks in advance!
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:31 am
      Post subject:

We're getting good click-through rates by using very simple web pages built using basic Site Build It templates, with the ads high on the page.

Placing the ads at the top left or the top right, and using a box or a skyscraper ad seems to make little difference in my experience. You'll have to test to see what works for you.

One of the most important points seems to be to have a simple page in which the ads are prominent.

(Others insist they get better results by making the ads blend in, as though they're part of the site. Go figure! Perhaps that works for suspicious marketing audiences and prominent ads work better for less sophisticated audiences? Just a theory - definitely NOT fact.)

Perhaps most important of all, the ads need to be displaying items your visitors are interested in. You may be able to improve the ads that are being displayed by tweaking words on your pages - using all the normal SEO techniques.

A site which gets lots of repeat visitors has a much lower click-through rate than sites which get lots of new visitors.

To increase the effective CPM, you'll need to be in an industry that has high-value keywords.

I wrote a long article on how to boost your AdSense revenue:
http://www.AssociatePrograms.com/search/adsense.shtml

I deleted a section of your post. When you joined AdSense you agreed to AdSense's Terms of Service. You agreed not to discuss details of click-through rates etc. It's annoying, but that's the way it is. On this forum, I have to obey that rule because I don't want to get kicked out of AdSense.
Charlie

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:31 pm
      Post subject:

AllanGardyne wrote:
We're getting good click-through rates by using very simple web pages built using basic Site Build It templates, with the ads high on the page.

I agree with Allan when it comes to simple...

It's the number of other choices (facing the visitor) that seems to have most effect.

I haven't seen any other consistent differences regarding placement or ad format. That said, my stuff is spread pretty thin and it's hard to see specific patterns, since I don't get huge traffic to any one page.

Hope this helps,
Charlie.
Seo Manager

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:06 pm
      Post subject:

Charlie wrote:
AllanGardyne wrote:

I agree with Allan when it comes to simple...

It's the number of other choices (facing the visitor) that seems to have most effect.

I haven't seen any other consistent differences regarding placement or ad format. That said, my stuff is spread pretty thin and it's hard to see specific patterns, since I don't get huge traffic to any one page.

Hope this helps,
Charlie.

From now on I want to try a new format. I will use 3 different formats of Adsense in my site. One is on the top. Large Poster. The other is skyscrapper and the last one will be 728x... large rectangular strip. We will see whether it wworks or not in 2 weeks.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Affiliate Marketing Forum Index » Web Site Promotion
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to: