Top Articles

Stay In Touch

Affiliate Marketing Forum

FAQ FAQ Search Search Memberlist Memberlist Usergroups Usergroups
Register Register Profile Profile Log in to check your private messages Private Messages Log in Log in

traffic for a blog
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Affiliate Marketing Forum Index » Promoting Your Blog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluegrasbaby

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:08 pm
      Post subject: traffic for a blog

what are some good ideas for getting traffic to my blog that doesnt require signing up for something else i dont need?
Catherine

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:54 pm
      Post subject:

Hi there - getting traffic to your blog in the first few months is not an easy task! You can go for ages feeling as though nobody is listening to you.

First - you need to provide excellent content - because you want people to come back.

Visit other blogs and make useful comments - not just the "great post" ones, or nobody will listen to you.

Link out to useful posts on other great blogs. Don't just link out to the top bloggers - they get linked a lot and my not even notice you.

Join a social network group such as stumble, digg or twitter and become an active member. I ignored these groups until recently - but they're well worth joining. If one of your posts get stumbled a lot - it can bring you thousands of visitors in one day. They don't all come back, but many do, so the more you get stumbled, the more your traffic increases.

Offer to guest blog for other bloggers to increase your profile.

Make useful contributions in forums where people interested in your blog topic hang out.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:00 pm
      Post subject:

I emailed John Chow about a year ago and asked him what he thought of my blog and what I could do to promote it. I felt like I had done everything in my power to promote it and it wasn't working. I emailed him statistics of my site and his site. John emailed me back and told me that I had great content I just needed to hold a contest to promote it.

So holding a contest to is a great way to gain new readers at little to no cost if you can get a company to donate the prize. You could also offer free advertising on your site to the winner of the contest.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:52 pm
      Post subject: market leverage...

so how exactly do i hold a blog contest?
MarketLeverage

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:00 pm
      Post subject:

First, figure out what your goal is. Do you want to gain more RSS readers? If so, in order to enter the contest, the visitor would need to subscribe to your RSS feed for an entry.

Or you could have the visitor write about your contest on their blog. Then they would leave you a comment letting you know they did this and they would receive an entry.

For a prize, you can give away free advertising on your blog, have someone donate a prize, or buy a gift card to Amazon (doesn't have to be Amazon) for X amount and that could be the prize. I mentioned Amazon because you can email gift cards.

You then submit your contest information to the contest blogs. There are blogs that the only thing they post are information on contests on blogs.
http://www.blogcontestsite.com

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:33 pm
      Post subject:

If you're holding the contest just to get more traffic be careful. There's lots of compers out there. Do you want to attract people who want to just want to win a contest?

I held a contest in the early days of my blog and it attracted a massive amount of people who entered the contest, didn't look at another bit of my blog and didn't come back.

Remember John Chow had a lot of traffic before he began doing contests. The contests usually required people linking to his blog. Google penalized him for this.

Problogger posted some good articles on running contests on your blog recently, so it may be worth you checking those out.

But, remember a contest alone is not going to drive traffic to your blog and keep it coming.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:39 pm
      Post subject:

If you have good content on your blog you will retain some readers from having a contest. Some will unsubscribe to the feed but not all of them.
Goes back to content is king!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:37 pm
      Post subject:

True but it depends where you get them from. I had no visitors when i began my contest - so foolishly, I decided to advertise the contest on a free content listing site.

The visitors I received were only interested in entering contests. They didn't visit another page aside from the contest one.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:01 am
      Post subject:

I would just like to backpack on the great advice here on this topic.

I like blogging for the reason that I can freely write about my experiences and views on my blog as well as document whatever I wish at any time I wish.

Creating posts several times per day quickly pushes my blog to the top of search engines as well as bookmarking sites. I'm frequently visited by people from both Google search engines as well as the Technorati arena.

Creating quality content is also essential to a successful to advertising your blog. Make sure you make sense and more importantly, find great interest in that which your blog is about or what you wish to tell the world about. It is literally that: to announce to the world your thoughts, advice and views.

Also it's best to visit other people's blogs and make quality comments there as well. I've been fortunate to find faithful readers to my blog a simple comment that perhaps lifted someone's spirits at the given time that I visited.

I love blogging and think it's a great thing. If you don't blog about business but about what you find interesting, you'll find it to be liberating despite the burden's of the day. It's a great place to release. But I do warn to be cautious of negative people who make it their purpose to break spirit's down. To these people I like to extend a warm virtual hug because that's really what they need. Oh and they also need attention that's why they're negative.

=) But these are all just my thoughts.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:26 pm
      Post subject:

Blogs are successful when they have refreshing content. So write for the visitors, then definitely search engines will pick it up. Do not forget to ping the post.
Free PSP Games Downloads|
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Divya

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:10 am
      Post subject:

True....

Blogs have to be very well updated and frequently revised. link exchange is also a very good source of traffic generation.

Good Luck.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:40 pm
      Post subject:

Blogs have become very popular with the internet users. By submitting your blogs in social sites you can increase the number of visitors. You can join the other bloggers and share your views. Blog directory submission and RSS submission can draw traffic to your blogs. Keep updating your blogs regularly to increase traffic. Smile
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Divya

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:37 am
      Post subject:

I dont have much knowledge about RSS..... please can you explain how can we increase traffic through this???

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:05 pm
      Post subject:

To drive good traffic to the blog you have to advertise is it very carefully by doing proper keyword, wrting article about your blog and submitting it to the directories and do some forum posting but do it in such way that it should not look like spam...

Post Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:47 am
      Post subject:

annasecond wrote:
I would just like to backpack on the great advice here on this topic.

I like blogging for the reason that I can freely write about my experiences and views on my blog as well as document whatever I wish at any time I wish.

Creating posts several times per day quickly pushes my blog to the top of search engines as well as bookmarking sites. I'm frequently visited by people from both Google search engines as well as the Technorati arena.

Wow, creating posts several times a day.
Good advice.
I know that fresh content is good but for most
people, they don't have the time to keep on coming
up with quality post, especially a few posts in a
day.

My suggestion is, spend 60% of your time into
marketing your blog, 40% of the time to build
quality content for your blog.

No matter what business you are in, you are in a
business of marketing that business.
Affiliate Marketing Forum Index » Promoting Your Blog
Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT