Top Articles

Stay In Touch

Affiliate Marketing Forum

FAQ FAQ Search Search Memberlist Memberlist Usergroups Usergroups
Register Register Profile Profile Log in to check your private messages Private Messages Log in Log in

Killing the Golden Goose

Affiliate Marketing Forum Index » AdSense & Adsense Alternatives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:16 am
      Post subject: Killing the Golden Goose

It seems that some people are determined to kill the AdSense "golden goose" in return for a quick profit while flooding the WWW with "articles" of questionable value to information searchers.

Consider this site - (www.blog-zilla.com/King-of-Content) and some of the features of the product:

Quote:
Auto-post and manage tons of content across more than one blog.

...Take any content or article and have Blog-zilla manipulate, randomize, or merge text based on your rules.

Grab keyword-related RSS feeds and auto-post directly to all your blogs.

Blend content, articles and RSS into numerous topic-matched blog entries.

Write or republish one article and direct Blog-zilla to auto-generate dozens more based on your original.

Never steal content, instead generate your own and let Blog-zilla hatch unlimited variations all customized to each blog's target audience. (maybe you should read that again!)

...Maintain dozens of blogs.

... oh, did we mention make more money from sales, affiliate programs and contextual ads like Google's Adsense?

Bobby
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
edburdo

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:30 am
      Post subject:

Yeah... as folks get lazier, those trying to do things honestly suffer.
robertb

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:03 pm
      Post subject:

There's three options here:

- We can set back and complain that everyone else is cheating Adsense (as those other individuals are banking their checks, mind you.)

- We can go completely to the dark side and do everything for the quick buck, which makes this affiliate business seem more like working from paycheck to paycheck in a regular job.

- We can take these tools and find ways to use them for better uses. I'll leave your creative juices to work here.
Learn About DropShipping
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dhollings

Post Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:31 am
      Post subject: Re: Killing the Golden Goose

I'm familiar with blog-zilla.com and I have a completely different "take" on what this killer app is all about... It seems to me that the thing "Killing the Golden Goose" is DUPLICATE content. But Blogzilla takes "original" material and re-words that original content to target niche markets and customize text for the target market it is intended for... WOW! No dead goose there.

This s not killing anything, rather it is giving birth to writers, authors, and content creators to multiply ORIGINAL content intelligently. Just as mail merge programs "customize" emails and letters to fit their target market, I see blog-zilla.com as an advanced content tool giving content control to the content originator. What's wrong with that?

Blogger.com (owned by Google) specifically states that you (or any one) can have unlimited blogs, In fact Google encourage this. So, if Google supports multiple blogs, and if Google supports adsense (and adsense for feeds) on blogger blogs, why is a content management tool like blog-zilla.com bad?

My read on Blogzilla is "don't steal" rather, be original. don't "duplicate content" rather, create your own. That's positive.

You guys can poo-poo blog-zilla all you want, I'm voting a big Yes.

Blog-zilla rules.

Bobby wrote:
It seems that some people are determined to kill the AdSense "golden goose" in return for a quick profit while flooding the WWW with "articles" of questionable value to information searchers.

Consider this site - (www.blog-zilla.com/King-of-Content) and some of the features of the product:

Quote:
Auto-post and manage tons of content across more than one blog.

...Take any content or article and have Blog-zilla manipulate, randomize, or merge text based on your rules.

Grab keyword-related RSS feeds and auto-post directly to all your blogs.

Blend content, articles and RSS into numerous topic-matched blog entries.

Write or republish one article and direct Blog-zilla to auto-generate dozens more based on your original.

Never steal content, instead generate your own and let Blog-zilla hatch unlimited variations all customized to each blog's target audience. (maybe you should read that again!)

...Maintain dozens of blogs.

... oh, did we mention make more money from sales, affiliate programs and contextual ads like Google's Adsense?

Bobby
Bobby

Post Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:25 am

dhollings wrote:
It seems to me that the thing "Killing the Golden Goose" is DUPLICATE content. But Blogzilla takes "original" material and re-words that original content to target...

To me, that's a difference without a (significant) distinction.

Quote:
...it is giving birth to writers, authors, and content creators to multiply ORIGINAL content intelligently.

I see little value to searchers of information to find the same information re-packaged again and again for the primary (sole?) purpose of getting the searcher to the page to click on an AdSense ad.

There are entire threads on other message boards where the discussion is about writing content that is targeted enough to get it picked up by search engines while being so lousy the reader will want to escape...and hopefully he will escape via an AdSense click.

The results of searches for some terms already result in what are basically more search results. Add to it pages of content created just for the purpose of creating content, and sooner or later searchers will start to lose confidence/interest.

It's like email. A great communications tool. Then inboxes started filling up with ads for body part enlargements, pills, mortgages, etc. It got to the point of being worthless for many people and huge blocks of incoming messages were ignored - the good along with the bad. Anti-SPAM techniques were eventually developed to make it bearable.

It will be interesting to see how search engines react to generate useful returns for users.

Bobby
Bobby

Post Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:46 pm
      Post subject:

I just happened upon this site via a search. Now this is spell-binding content.

On a page about Home Inspection in South Dakota:

(www.inspectioncourse.com/home-inspector/South-Dakota/)

Quote:
A compass rose with South highlighted South is most commonly a noun, adjective, or adverb indicating direction or geography. South is one of the four cardinal directions or compass points. It is the opposite of North and at right angles to East and West. By convention, the bottom side of a map is South. To go south using a compass for navigation, set a bearing or azimuth of 180?. True south is the direction towards the southern end of the axis about which the earth rotates, called the South Pole. The South Pole is located in Antarctica. Magnetic south is the direction towards the south magnetic pole, some distance away from the south geographic pole. It is the direction to the right of an observer facing east.

Laughing Surprised Wink

Bobby
robertb

Post Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:34 pm

Let's all keep in mind that VERY LITTLE content online is unique; in general it's all about the same stuff, just with a different slant on it simply from the writer's life experiences.

Where do you get the information for an "original" article? Well, from other articles about the same topic. Right?

The only way you can generate "new" information is to research in a lab, and even then your work is based off of discoveries of past researchers in your field.

I find it very interesting that people rewrite content in their own words every day, but fear a machine doing it for them on a larger scale.
Learn About DropShipping
Bobby

Post Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:55 pm

robertb wrote:
Where do you get the information for an "original" article? Well, from other articles about the same topic. Right?

Not necessarily. Some people compile articles based on their own knowledge, experience, etc.

I wrote 10 articles for one of my sites yesterday and I didn't research any other articles to develop those.

Quote:
I find it very interesting that people rewrite content in their own words every day, but fear a machine doing it for them on a larger scale.

I'm not sure of your point. If it's aimed at my comments previously in this thread, that's a false assumption, I have no fear of a machine rewriting content.

Whether it's generated by man or machine, a lot of content is being created primarily for the sake of creating content, not primarily to offer valuable, unique, relevant information to searchers of information. As searchers have to sort through more and more of that, they will lose confidence in the search source. (See the post about "South Dakota" above.)

As I said, it will be interesting to see how the search engines respond or who is able to come along and develop a search process that can separate the wheat from the chaff.

Bobby
robertb

Post Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:37 pm

Bobby wrote:

Not necessarily. Some people compile articles based on their own knowledge, experience, etc.

I wrote 10 articles for one of my sites yesterday and I didn't research any other articles to develop those.

My point was is that information is out there in other forms, you had to learn it from somewhere. I imagine the information contained in the 10 articles you wrote yesterday could be found SOMEWHERE else online.

It doesn't have to come from other articles, but books, life experiences, etc. all which have been experienced and written about by another person at one time or another.

Quote:

Whether it's generated by man or machine, a lot of content is being created primarily for the sake of creating content, not primarily to offer valuable, unique, relevant information to searchers of information.

I don't create content for the sake of creating content, I create it to generate revenue. We can set here and preach about a eutopia where people freely create content to share their knowledge with everyone, but that's not how things work; that's a fantasy.

What's the biggest source of content you or anyone knows second to the Internet? Well, the traditional media, right? Newspapers, magazines, television, etc.

Let's get real, those institutions don't create content to "offer valuable, unique, and relevant information" to society; they create it to make money, pure and simple.
Learn About DropShipping
David Robison

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:19 pm

dhollings wrote:
I'm familiar with blog-zilla.com and I have a completely different "take" on what this killer app is all about.......

.......My read on Blogzilla is "don't steal" rather, be original. don't "duplicate content" rather, create your own. That's positive.

You guys can poo-poo blog-zilla all you want, I'm voting a big Yes.

Blog-zilla rules.

Well of course that's your vote. You are the creator and owner of Blog-Zilla. Nice try at a disguised ad and spin control.

David Robison
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Affiliate Marketing Forum Index » AdSense & Adsense Alternatives
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to: