Which affiliate marketing product is the best?

How do you choose the right affiliate product for your website?

So you’re working on setting up a new affiliate marketing website but you want to promote the best product so you can get the maximum results for all of the effort that you are putting in. Which affiliate product is the best? Which one will make you the most money in the shortest amount of time? Which affiliate product will be irresistible to your visitors?

The answer is quite simple… it depends on your audience and your content.

Isn’t that annoying? When I get answers like that, it reminds me of some sort of Zen riddle. I want a straight answer but I get a question instead. The truth is that you already know the answer. You know the answer because it’s directly related to how you interact with different sites when you visit them.

Match your affiliate product to your audience

If you are interested in growing orchids and you go to an orchid growing site, you are more likely to click on a link or advertisement for a “How to grow orchids” book than one about building an online business. It’s a very simple truth isn’t it?

If you come to a site like AssociatePrograms.com looking to learn how to build an affiliate marketing business and we recommend that you read Ken Evoy’s free book Make Your Site Sell or join Niche Profit Classroom - $1 trial because they will teach you many of the basic steps that you need to know, then you are more likely to follow our link. Why? Because the offer or recommendation matches your needs.

This is basic marketing. Find out what your buyer wants then find it or create it and sell it to them. Don’t make the mistake that a lot of people make. They find a product then they try to find a market. This is the hardest way to build an online business unless you are experienced in traffic building or are prepared to go down the paid traffic track.

You need to do your keyword and niche research, set up a site that targets the people looking for those keywords and promote products that directly relate to what those people are interested in when they come to your site.

Test your affiliate product page’s effectiveness

When your traffic, content and affiliate program match, you will increase your conversions. After you get this right, it becomes a numbers game. Improve your headline and test. Try a different product and test.

It doesn’t matter if you have an endless stream of traffic, for example you’re in position #1 for the keyword “business” or you’re working in a small niche like “fish-eating squid” it is worth improving your site so that you increase your conversions. As your traffic increases, a 5% increase in conversion could add up to thousands of dollars.

In my experience, most people start their website on a zero budget or lower and can’t afford to spend money on advertising. If you can afford to, it opens up a much larger range of options to you. You still need to do your research, find a product and set up landing pages but you can get instant traffic.

So what is the best affiliate product?

Answer: The one that has the product your visitors want to buy.

August 4, 2010

Said this on August 5, 2010 At 12:40 pm
So true!
"Don
Said this on August 5, 2010 At 07:17 pm
In my opinion, Finding a Niche, Finding a Product to Sell, and Driving Traffic are the number 1, 2 and 3 biggest problems for all new marketers. Get any one wrong, and your business will fail. None of it sounds hard, but it sure is.
Said this on August 9, 2010 At 03:27 am
I say this is very true, I start out in the affiliat hustle. I call it a hustle because it takes work. It took me a few months to figer out what really works. Research is the key.
Said this on August 15, 2010 At 11:19 pm
I have just discovered your website through a Google Alert. Thankyou for providing beginner affiliates with so much helpful, commonsense information. We need all the help we can get!
Nastassja
Said this on August 8, 2012 At 02:26 pm

Hi There

Can anyone help me, I am dying to also start doing the afilliate (marketing), but I have read so many things that I am so confused. Please please tell me where do I start, how do I get the products I want to market etc.

Thanks so much.

Said this on August 8, 2012 At 06:33 pm

Hi Nastassja, You're doing the right thing, researching before you take the first step. Work your way through the 18 steps in my free Affiliate Program Tutorial. It was written with people just like you in mind.

Said this on August 19, 2010 At 07:56 pm
As a student of Dan Ho's program, I am doing article marketing and the biggest problem I have seen with fellow students is them giving up so that they stop trying. As a student of Dan's we are provided with affiliate programs that Dan has selected so we know they are good products with an excellent affiliate program.
Said this on October 19, 2010 At 04:11 pm
I have a couple websites that I have built over about 20 months. I am just now looking for affiliates that I can work with to place their products or services on my sites.

There is a lot to learn to get the right mix. I am taking my time so that I get it right.
Said this on September 25, 2011 At 02:23 pm

Hi all,

I recently ventured into the internet marketing world, i've build a few websites that generates zero revenues, i am into health and beauty products so i have a variety of health and beauty produts in my sites. Any suggestion?

thanks

Said this on September 25, 2011 At 11:53 pm

Hi Jeannette, This would be a good question to ask on our affiliate forum. You could ask for a site review, to try to figure out what you're doing wrong.

Also, have you read my free 18-step Affiliate Program Tutorial? You can find it in the Beginners section at the top left of the page.

FD
Said this on November 22, 2011 At 09:26 am

Complete newbie here to the online world......so much information out there, so confusing, so many gurus....can anyone tell me what is the best tool to find NICHE products and trends? thank you?

Said this on November 22, 2011 At 02:02 pm
Hi FD, That would be a good question to ask on our affiliate forum.
Said this on October 9, 2013 At 11:32 am

It is crucial to find the right products to promote as an affiliate marketer. Finding a good product that sells can be the difference between being a successful and unsuccessful online marketer.

Look in the marketplace to see which products are getting sales and which once are not.

Those who don’t do product research won't get very far in this industry. Make sure that you comb through each product that you promote to see if it is a reliable and worthy product of your promotion. The better you feel about the product you are promoting the more motivation you will have to get it out there.

It is always a good idea to buy the products you are going to promote for so that you can see exactly what it has to offer the customer. Knowing exactly what a product does and how it works is some of the most valuable information you can have to promote it.

Once you find a good one in a niche that you are interested in get out there and start promoting it.