- Christine Turns Hobby Into Profitable Online Business
- Why Promoting Timeless Residual Products Is The Smart Way Do Affiliate Marketing
- Too Busy To Build A Website?
- Successful Affiliate: Becky Turner
- How to make $1000 a month online from scratch
- Free Affiliate Masters Course
- Best Affiliate Programs
- SBI Value Exchange - free reciprocal links
- The Number One tool for affiliates
- Affiliate Program Tutorial
Stay In Touch
4 ideas to keep your visitors coming back
You've put some serious work into generating traffic, finally more and more visitors are landing on your site, but are you letting them slip away?
If you're not providing an incentive to capture email addresses or other vital information, you might as well open your wallet and roll down the window because letting visitor escape is the equivalent of letting money fly right out the window.
While you're doing that, other affiliate marketers are standing by, posed and ready to snatch up your leftovers.
If you haven't already done so, you'll need to set up a subscriber box. If you don't have the resources to pay for an email service (iContact offers a great free trial), use the FeedBurner.com subscriber form in the meantime.
Once you've set up the subscriber form, you'll need to make your visitors an offer they can't refuse so that they'll be motivated to give you their valuable personal information. Here's some ideas for free offers:
1. Offer a free ebook you've written ebook based on your expertise and experience. If you don't have time to write, there are tons of free ebooks available for giveaway all over the internet. Just make sure it's compatible with your niche. Check out Need a subscriber incentive? for more help on this.
2. Offer some free, but simple software. If you're computer savvy or know someone else who is, have them help you with this. It must be something that applies to your niche of course.
3. Create and offer free web buttons. You'll need some basic Photoshop or paint skills for this one, but there are tutorials out there than can help you with this. Check out 39 Photoshop Button Tutorials for more on this.
4. Offer free step-by-step video tutorials. People are visual learners. Everyone learns better when they can watch someone else do something.
Offering these things in exchange for a name and email address will make your visitors more likely to subscribe. They'll be less apprehensive because they'll feel like they've received something valuable from you and will look forward to receiving updates from you. Make sure your updates are useful and suspenseful enough to make people want to see what's brewing on your site. If your goal is to eventually makes sales pitches to them, do this gradually and make sure you are consistently offering something of value - that way, they'll trust your judgment and will be more likely to make a purchase that you recommend.
Learn from an affiliate veteran.
Your host, Allan Gardyne, has been earning a good living from affiliate programs since 1998.