Manage Your Time Better By Doing Less
Here are some time management tips to help you stay on track and focused on achieving your goals.
1. Commit 100 percent to making money with one system first and focus on nothing else!
If you’re like me you probably get a whole host of offers and ads in your email inbox from people other than us.
IGNORE ALL OF THEM
They will only have you spending your money, wasting your time and diverting your attention from your goals.
2. Determine Your 1-4 Most Valuable Skills
There are bound to be some skills that you have that are valuable to your niche blogging career – whether it’s pc savvy, keyword research, niche research, article writing, web 2.0
Do at least one of those skills every day
3. Set aside a time every day to devote to “taking action” as an internet marketer – even if it’s just 15 minutes a day
This time needs to be uninterrupted and it’s best to make this time when you’re most “awake and alive” feeling….If you’re an early bird then make it then, if you’re a night owl then make it then.
This time is your PROFIT TIME. It’s not your thinking time.
This is the time you devote to taking action every single time.
Turn off your phone, skype, close your door, put on a do not disturb sign.
4. Set aside a specific block of time to be your “learning” time every week.
Give yourself 15-30 minutes a day or 1-2 hours a week to do nothing but learn something new about internet marketing.
5. Do a lot of what you’re supposed to do
Make sure you devote as much as possible of your time to valuable things such as writing, creating products, creating affiliate offers – whatever is your thing.
Quit wasting time on things that take away from your profit making and your main purpose.
The majority of your time should be taking action.
6. What are your family members doing??
Delegate secondary tasks to your children, your spouse, places online like www.odesk.com
There’s a lot of menial tasks that can eat a lot into your time…offload them to other people for a small fee, to your kids for a treat, you name it….but if it’s taking up too much of your time from making money find a way to offload it.
7. At the end of the day create a to do list for your next day’s activities and stick it on your desk ready for action when you wake up in the morning.
As soon as you wake up in the morning go over it and keep it in front of you all day.
8. Create a “daily” to do list that will stay the same every day.
Assign short blocks to each task such as
15 minutes – respond to emails
30 minutes – write 3 articles and submit to article site
30 minutes – write 1-2 blog posts
Keep it simple at first until you become more proficient and then expand on your list.
You can create set daily/weekly/monthly checklists.
9. Use checklists as much as possible
They keep you on track and focused and get rid of a lot of stress
Search Google for some ideas
10. Every day before you finish your working day write down the 3 most important things you want to achieve tomorrow.
Leave the list on your desk.
11. What about the voices in your head?
Yep, we’ve all got them, those little niggly voices in our heads that tell us something out of the blue.
Get a note board and write it down and then forget about it until the end of the day.
Don’t let the voice interrupt your flow of work.
12. Make your downtime straight after you eat
You’ll be sluggish after a meal so plan that to be your relaxation time for a period of time.