- Christine Turns Hobby Into Profitable Online Business
- Why Promoting Timeless Residual Products Is The Smart Way Do Affiliate Marketing
- Too Busy To Build A Website?
- Successful Affiliate: Becky Turner
- How to make $1000 a month online from scratch
- Free Affiliate Masters Course
- Best Affiliate Programs
- The Number One tool for affiliates
- Affiliate Program Tutorial
- How to boost your AdSense revenue
Stay In Touch
12 mistakes affiliates make
Affiliates struggling to earn $100 a month often find it hard to believe that other people could possibly earn as much as $10,000 or even $100,000 a month in commissions.
Believe it. Big commissions do happen. And you can expect to hear about even bigger commissions.
Forrester Research predicts that affiliate programs and affiliate networks will produce $280 billion annually in e-commerce sales by 2008.
In most programs, 5% of the affiliates generate the vast majority of the sales. If you're not in that 5% and want to be, you'll have to change what you're doing.
Here are 12 mistakes you could be making, and how to fix them.
1. Are you telling people how to make money on the Internet when you don't know how yourself?
Perhaps - just perhaps - you can succeed at this, but it's the most obvious trap into which new affiliates fall. You join a few affiliate programs and set up a site offering Internet marketing tips, work-from-home tips, instant-business tips, or be-your-own-boss tips.
The advantages of doing this include having great products to promote, high commissions and lots of help from Internet marketers.
However, if you do this, you face two massive challenges.
1. You'll have hundreds of thousands of web pages out there competing with yours.
2. You're competing with the planet's best marketing EXPERTS. Some of the brightest brains in Internet marketing are working full-time to grab the attention of your target audience.
I'm not saying you can't succeed in this field, but if you're new to affiliate programs, this is definitely NOT the best place to begin. If you're struggling, find a less well traveled path.
You don't have to abandon your existing website. Just launch a new one based on a new theme. Later, when you've learned more and really have something to offer, it will be time to revamp your marketing tips site.
Choose a new theme. Try a new niche.
New comments are currently disabled.
Learn from an affiliate veteran.
Your host, Allan Gardyne, has been earning a good living from affiliate programs since 1998.